You’re in the market for the best garage fridge. There are many options to choose from, but do you know what type of fridge is best? A garage fridge! Garage fridges are designed for people who live in an area that experiences extreme temperatures during the winter and summer months.
They can withstand both cold and heat, which makes them perfect for your home or business. In this blog post we’ll discuss some of our favorite features about these units so you can decide if they’re right for you.
Why do you need a garage fridge?
Garage refrigerators are the perfect solution for anyone who needs extra cold storage space but does not have enough space in their kitchen. Whether you need to store anything from liquor and soft drinks to fresh meat, these refrigerators use large amounts of floor space while providing you with lots of extra space.
Many people also use these refrigerators in their garage to provide cold storage space for drinks and food that they want to keep chilled but do not need at a moment’s notice.
Read more to discover the list of best garage fridge.
List of The Best Garage Fridge Reviews in 2021
Here are the best garage refrigerator on the market today
1. Whynter CUF-210SS Energy Star 2 Compact Freezer Center
Is living in a small room causing you trouble with storing your belongings? Whynter mini fridge with lock is there to save the day! Not only does it take up minimal space (only around 2.1 cubic feet) and fit in most rooms easily, but the whole thing also comes with an elegant silvery design – which will certainly add an amazing touch to your room/ office.
The product’s adjustable thermostat allows users to turn on the freezer mode (and then turn back) swiftly. The heat range is from -2 to -10 degrees – this should be enough to preserve your chilled beverages for long.
On top of that, the flush back design means you can place the fridge pretty much anywhere. As the door is reversible, it’s possible to access the fridge from any sides.
If you want to buy the best garage fridge, you can consider this garage refrigerator as your final choice.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Reversible door.
- Detachable shelves.
- Energy efficiency.
- The motor at the back is not covered..
2. EFR376 Retro Bar Fridge Refrigerator
EFR376 garage refrigerator comes with a retro style design that can fit into almost any surrounding environment. Using state-of-the-art compressor cooling technologies, not only will the fridge keep your drinks chilled for long, but it will also consume as little energy as possible.
The product’s high-quality aluminum material grants it amazing resistance – as well as an attractively luxurious look. Thanks to the adjustable thermostat, it’s perfectly possible to precisely “tune” into the ideal heat range for your wine. In case you are not a wine enthusiast, take advantage of the fridge to store your soda/ beer.
Last but not least, the glass shelves are removable; hence, cleanup should not be too problematic.
- 3.2 cubic feet storage capacity.
- Comes with a bottle opener
- Detachable shelves.
- Adjustable temperature control.
- Affordable price.
- Advanced Compressor Cooling
- Flush back Design.
3. Midea WHD-113FSS1 3.1 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator center
Midea WHD-113FSS1 is one of the best garage fridges that will keep your stuffs chilled for a long time – at the cost of little energy consumed. Its stainless steel component grants the whole thing amazing resilience, while at the same time providing a luxurious look that is sure to capture people’s attention.
As it only weighs under 55lbs, moving it around – and fitting it into a tight space – should be a true piece of cake.
The fridge’s door is reversible; hence, it can be placed everywhere and accessed from all sides. Fruits and vegetables can be kept in the box, while drinks can be put in the doors. In case you need to freeze something, take advantage of the freezer available.
- Environmentally friendly.
- High-quality steel component.
- Freezer available.
- Quiet operation.
- Can fit into tight space.
4. Danby DAR044A6MDB-6 Mini Fridge Center
Danby DAR044A6MDB-6 is capable of fitting into smaller rooms. With a total of 5 colors to choose from (red, balck, white, silver, stainless steel), you should have enough freedom in terms of color matching. But aesthetics isn’t the only thing to care for – given a storage space of 4.4 cubic feet, the fridge is the ideal choice for storing your favorite beverages and necessities.
The Danby DAR044A6MDB-6 can be considered as the best garage fridge that you may want to add to your final decision.
Danby mini fridge can be placed in a variety of places – garage, basement, office, dorm room, etc. It is available in 3 sizes – so choosing one that best fits your available space should be easy.
- Classy silvery metal design.
- Good resistance.
- Environmental friendly.
- Ergonomic door handle.
- Bright LED lights.
- The door is a little bit difficult to open.
- Customer service is not highly reputable.
5. RCA RFR322-B 3.2 Cu Ft Single Door Mini Fridge
RCA garage refrigerator comes with a capacity of 3.2 cubic feet – including a freezer to keep stuffs frozen. With a dimension of 17-1/2” x 18.5/8” x 31.5/8”, it can be easily installed in the garage without taking up too much space.
Inside, you will find 2 removable shacks and detachable shelves – which allow you to customize the fridge’s layout and clean it much more effortlessly.
The doors are designed with holders to conveniently store your favorite drinks. Thanks to the adjustable thermostat, you can now set the temperature to the precise range for ideal storage condition. Last but not least, as an eco-friendly product, RCA RFR322-B cosnsumes energy pretty efficiently.
- Removable, adjustable shelves.
- Compact design that fits easily into any space.
- Freezer available.
- High-quality materials.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Somehow noisy.
6. RCA RFR329-Red Garage Fridge Tool Box
As one of the best garage fridges, RCA RFR329 Garage Tool Box offers spacious storage space (3.2 cubic feet) – enough for you to store your essentials for long. That being said, it is still compact enough to fit into tighter space, and its portability (thanks to the 4 wheels) means that you can even carry it to the office if necessary!
RCA RFR329 comes with a drawer, can dispenser, and a drip tray to prevent leakages and preserve your drinks more safely. Thanks to the up-to-date compressor cooling technology used during the manufacturing process, it consumes energy very efficiently; hence, users will not have to be worried about the electricity bills at the end of the month.
- Spacious storage space.
- Great portability.
- 2 removable shelves.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Efficient in terms of power consumption and functionality.
- Not very durable.
7. BLACK+DECKER BCRK25B Refrigerator
It’s time for the last, but not least, pick in our best garage refrigerator list. Black & Decker BCRK25B is designed with a durable reversible door; hence, it can be placed anywhere in the room and accessed from all sides. Despite taking up minimal space, the fridge is still capable of storing everything necessary for your day.
The product comes with a mini freezer that can be used to keep foods frozen. On top of that, 2 detachable shelves are featured, so you can easily customize the fridge’s layout and clean it with little effort. What’s more, the fridge operates very quietly – in other words, you can place it in the working room without suffering from any disturbance.
- Compact, stylish design.
- Large storage capacity.
- Reversible door.
- Adjustable temperature.
- 1-year warranty.
- Quick ice accumulation.
What are mini fridge weight?
Most mini fridges weight from 35-55 pounds – and are available in either cube or tall form. The former generally ranges from 22-24 inches in terms of height; and can be placed undercounter for space saving.
How to choose the best garage fridge
Aside from the options listed above, there are countless other choices when it comes to the best garage refrigerator. All in all, it’s recommended that you know the basics – which criteria to consider before settling on a final purchase:
Some models are designed with a freezer – which, for sure, will be appreciated by those who need to keep their necessities frozen, as well as those who enjoy consuming ice cream.
Depending on the space available – as well as where you want to place the fridge, you may want to adjust the size accordingly. If you can afford a larger model, go for it – so as to store more things.
- Temperature control
Adjustable thermostat is often a welcoming feature – always look out for it and see if the model comes with such a functionality.
In case you need to move the fridge around occasionally, make sure that it is portable enough – specifically, check to see if it has built-in wheels.
What is a garage refrigerator?
A garage refrigerator is an additional appliance designed to allow you to store food in your home without using energy-hungry appliances like the stand-alone freezer or electric range.
A garage refrigerator can save family members time and money by providing them with more choices about where they will eat within the household.
Garage Refrigerator Pros
- Garage refrigerators are a wonderful accessory for high traffic areas of your home where extra refrigerator space is needed.
- A garage refrigerator allows you to store beverages, meats, fish and work with greater speed and efficiency on kitchen projects like homemade bread or pie.
- Because they are made to be more durable than full-sized refrigerators, they can also be used as a secondary freezer.
Garage Refrigerator Cons
- Appliances generate heat so the storage space for your garage refrigerator will probably increase your air conditioning bill during the hotter months.
- Your garage may feel like an oven on those 100+ degree days (we hit 104 degrees once in May 2011)! However, using energy-efficient appliances and fans to circulate the air will cut down on the heat a great deal.
- Moving a refrigerator through a doorway may be very heavy, depending on the style and weight of your fridge.
- You can use an appliance timer to turn off your garage refrigerator when you’re away from home for certain hours each day if you wish to avoid using electricity during those days/times.
- A garage refrigerator requires time (and some energy) to keep cold over several hours before putting in food items due to insulation factors not found with other types of refrigerators or freezers.
- Have fun experimenting with recipes after you purchase your freezer by storing ingredients in it overnight! Your next morning’s oatmeal will taste like you used a slow-cooker!
- In general, the larger the freezer capacity of your garage refrigerator, the less it will cost to use. Energy-efficient appliances are worth their weight in gold! If you have room for only a 2 cubic foot freezer, make sure you select one which plugs into an outlet and doesn’t run on propane or batteries (but you can always buy extra tanks and rotate them).
How To Care your Garage Refrigerator
Many customers are in need of the Garage Refrigerator because it is very helpful for people who often stop by garage sales or auctions. If you own a Garage Refrigerator, follow these simple steps to keep your appliances working perfectly.
STEP ONE: Remove all items from the refrigerator when returning home, especially after long trips. The cooler air inside the refrigerator will help keep items colder when you open it later.
STEP TWO: Clean and organize your refrigerator before each use to ensure that all parts are working properly.
A clean fridge is a healthy fridge, so be sure to remove any expired food or spills from prior uses.
Keep shelves clear of jars and bottles, and make sure to wipe the door and any condiment bottles thoroughly.
STEP THREE: Group like foods together, and keep similar items on the same shelf or in the same area.
This makes it easier for individuals to find what they’re looking for, and helps prevent spills from occurring.
STEP FOUR: Replace used soda cans and water bottles with fresh ones, and leave old foods in the garage while you use the refrigerator.
Old food can cause odors and spills, so keep a clean refrigerator by removing used items immediately after use.
STEP FIVE: Keep your Garage Refrigerator closed whenever it is not in active use to preserve energy.
Doing so will help you save money on utilities and keep the internal temperature of your refrigerator at a consistent level.
STEP SIX: Use a thermometer to ensure that your Garage Refrigerator is operating at the proper temperature.
The ideal temperature is between 35˚F and 38˚F, so be sure to check it regularly to get the most out of your refrigerator.
STEP SEVEN: Keep your Garage Refrigerator in a location where guests will not bump into it.
It is also best to keep your fridge away from heat sources like ovens or dishwashers, and make sure to avoid putting hot items inside.
STEP EIGHT: Plug all Garage Refrigerator cords into grounded outlets to protect yourself from shock or electrocution.
Be sure to keep the cord away from water to prevent electrical shocks, and never jam objects into sockets.
STEP NINE: Unplug your Garage Refrigerator when you are not using it for an extended period of time.
Leaving it plugged in even when it is not being used can lower its lifespan.
STEP TEN: Use a damp cloth to clean the exterior of your Garage Refrigerator, and avoid using sharp or abrasive objects.
FAQs about best garage refrigerator
- Is there any problem with placing fridges in the garage?
Garages are generally designed to be wide and tall – so fitting a fridge in should not be problematic. However, do remember that garages can get hot during periods such as summer, so plan for measures to protect your refrigerator.
2. My garage is too hot – what should I do?
Follow these steps:
- -Insulate the whole garage.
- -Buy an energy-rated garage fridge.
- -Avoid opening the fridge too often if not necessary.
Putting a fridge into your garage not only helps you store your belongings better – but also enables you to slake thirst on a scorchingly hot summer day. The options listed above are chosen based on my experience of testing models – so be assured that they are among the best garage fridges available in terms of space, flexibility and efficiency.
- How Much Electricity does a Mini Fridge Use?
- How to Repair Wine Cooler?
- Top 9 The Best Undercounter Ice Makers for HOME Reviews in 2021
- Top 10 The Best Built-In Wine Coolers / Fridges Reviews in 2021
- [Top 7] The Best Upright Freezer for Garage Use in 2021
- [Top 7] The Best Retro Mini Fridge with Freezer To Buy in 2021 – Tips and Buying Guide
- [Top 7] The Best Mini Fridge with Freezer for Dorm, Office, Garages in 2021
- [Top 7] The Best Chest Freezers for Garage Use in 2021 – Tips and Buying Guide
- The Best Solar Refrigerator and Freezers To Buy In 2021
- [Top 4] The Best 12 Bottle Wine Cooler in 2021
- The 4 Best Toolbox Refrigerator for Sale in 2021
- [Top 10] The Best Wine Racks for Basement, Cabinet, Bar, Wine Cellar
- The 9 Best Hot Beverage Dispenser Reviews in 2021
- What is The Best Undercounter Beverage Center 24 Inches?
- The 8 Best Beer Growlers To Buy of 2021